|Location:||Wincanton and surrounding area|
We're looking for people in and near Wincanton to buddy up with a potential volunteer, so that they too, can enjoy the benefits of volunteering.
We all know that volunteering can bring huge benefits to our health and well-being. There are some people in our community who would like to get involved but are unable to. This might be due to a physical disability, mental ill health or a learning difficulty.
Here are some examples of the kind of support you might offer:
• IT support to help someone find a volunteering opportunity.
• Introductions - accompanying a volunteer for initial meetings at their chosen charity.
• Emotional support and encouragement - until the volunteer feels confident alone.
• Practical help - supporting someone with a physical disability so that they can complete tasks in their voluntary role.
You would be matched to someone who fits in with your interests, abilities and availability. Training will be provided where needed.
This is a really rewarding opportunity to use and develop your skills, whilst helping somebody else to flourish.
For more information, contact Helen Fielden, Spark Volunteer Development Officer:
T: 07535 800944 E: email@example.com
We have been providing practical support to the voluntary sector in Somerset for many years. Our aim is to inspire strong and sustainable communities through voluntary and community action.
We provide information, advice, training and support to charities and community groups in South Somerset, Mendip and Sedgemoor.
We represent the sector on strategic bodies, both at a District and County level.
We run the Volunteer Service across these three districts, inspiring people to get involved and make a difference in their communities.
Characteristics of a supporting volunteer:
• Someone with previous experience of volunteering.
• Is patient.
• Has some flexibility in the time that they can give.
• Understands disability and mental health issues.
A DBS check may be necessary.
Experience of working alongside someone who might be different from you.
The opportunity to volunteer in different settings.
Application form, Informal discussion